Lesley Hughes appointed as Director of Wales National Roofing Training Group (WNRTG) in 2009 and was responsible for the initial set up of the group and creating awareness of the group within Wales which in turn has led to a membership of 70+ companies at the current time. Lesley set up a training centre in Caerphilly to deliver an apprentice scheme to roofers. More recently Lesley has won tenders to continue to deliver the SAP NVQ 2 Pitched Roofing in Wales and also Derbyshire and to deliver NVQ 3 Heritage training throughout the UK.
In the last couple of years Lesley has studied and passed
- 2010 NEBOSH Construction Certificate – Credit
- 2012 Preparing to Teach Life Long Skills PTLLS
- 2013 NEBOSH Environmental Certificate- Credit
- 2013 Approved first aid course trainer
- 2013 Post Graduate Sustainable Leadership in Construction
- 2013 Site Safety Plus SEATS Course exp 2018
- 2014 ILM Lvl 3 Mentoring
- 2015 IOR Management & Technician Exam
- 2018 Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) train the trainer course
Lesley is past Chair of the UK Roofing Training Groups, past Director of Roofing Industry Alliance and is currently appointed on the NFRC S Wales and S West Committee. She is also an Associate member of the Institute of Roofing (IOR) and Deputy Chair of the S Wales and S West IOR committee.